Roofing materials for residential and commercial roofs tend to vary as most commercial roofs have a flat slope instead of a steep slope. Selecting roofing materials for a roof replacement or installation is a big decision! There are so many different materials to choose from that all have their own range of advantages and disadvantages.
Our team of experts at Cross Country Construction can help you determine the best choice for your roof based on cost, location and personal style and aesthetics. Our diverse skill set and expertise allow us to offer sound advice about materials that work best for both residential and commercial roofs.
Common roofing materials for residential properties include
- Asphalt shingles are the most common roofing material in North America as they are affordable and easy to install.
- Slate shingles are durable, aesthetically pleasing and require specialized expertise to install. Slate shingles are installed individually, making them labor intensive and expensive.
- Single shake are beautiful cedar shingles that are known for their resistance to the elements (e.g. wind, rain, and snow).
- Metal shingles are growing in popularity because of their durability and long lifespan.
- Spanish tile is a beautiful material that offers durability in hot climates and areas near the sea.
If you have questions about roofing materials, contact us to set up a meeting with one of our experts!